|The Wilton Farm and Home Museum
10 Canal Street, Wilton Maine 04294
items used in daily domestic life, tools used in crafts and trades such as farming, shoe making and blacksmithing.
Take time to study and appreciate the fine artwork of Joe Knowles, reminisce about school days past while viewing our large collection of
Wilton Academy memorabilia.
Learn the story of Sylvia Hardy, Maine's Giantess, appreciate our impressive collection of Maine bottles. Remember summers of long ago
while browsing through our Camp Kineowatha collection. Watch our blacksmiths create the "necessities of the day" at our open forge.
Our guided tours help to bring the collections to life. We are handicapped accessible and offer ample parking. Situated downtown, we are a
2 minute walk to beautiful Wilson Lake, banking, restaurants, Wilton Public Library as well as a variety of small shops. Lodging is available
|History of the GH Bass Boarding House
The house was built by Rawson Fuller in the 1860s, beside Wilson Stream. In 1904 GH Bass, renowned shoe manufacturer, built his 3rd
and largest shoe factory on Wilson Stream. Soon after, he purchased the Fuller home to be used as a boarding house for his out of town
employees. The boarding house ceased functioning in 1945, at which point it was used as a facility for hand sewers and storage.
Soon after, it was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
FRANKLIN COUNTY HISTORY TOUR
SATURDAY OCTOBER 4TH
9 AM - 5 PM
ALL THE MUSEUMS IN FRANKLIN COUNTY
WILL BE OPEN FOR YOU TO TOUR
OUR MUSEUM OR ONE OF OUR SISTER MUSEUMS
IN FRANKLIN COUNTY.